top of page

About Us

• Ideal location: city center, old town (churches, museums, theaters, shops, cafes / restaurants, nightclubs).

• Quiet and cozy courtyard with the possibility to park 1 car for free or  parking on the street.

• Well-appointed, spacious rooms with furniture. Kitchen with all appliances and utensils, smoking room, recuperation, 3 bedrooms, entertainment room with pool and table football, SPA area (sauna, jacuzzi, showers, cold water bath), 2 toilets, cable TV, free high-speed wireless internet , multimedia, audio equipment.



• Vilnius Old Town - 0.4 km, 6 min. on foot

• Vilnius International Airport - 5 km, 10 min. by car

• Vilnius Bus Station - 1.6 km

• Vilnius Railway Station - 1.6 km

• Shopping center (open 24/7 in Mindaugo St.) - 0.3 km

• Banks - 0.3 km

A little about the part of town and the building where the apartments are located.


     The current J.Basanavičiaus Street has long been known as the Great Pohulianka. This street connected the Old Town with the tract to Kaunas and Trakai. The place name of the Great Pohulianka covered the area up to the present Kalinauskas Street (Little Pohulianka).

1875 a new development plan for the city of Vilnius was prepared. In Naujamiestis, straight and wide streets were built according to the requirements of that time, including Kaukazo Street (now Mindaugo) crossing J.Basanavičiaus Street.

Pohulianka came to the city of Vilnius when in 1440. Kazimieras Jogailaitis donated a large field to the city, which connected to the suburbs of Lukiškės from the side of Taurus Hill. Until the 19th century. orchards and orchards grew in this place. There were few buildings, mostly on the hill.

The Great Pohulianka has a dual meaning. First of all, it is a translation of a Slavic word meaning walk. After all, the townspeople have long enjoyed spending their free time in this picturesque place. Another possible variant of the name derives from the famous country inn that used to be full of stormy entertainment for the townspeople and guests of the town. By the way, the cafe in this place is still there.

   In 1856, Adam Honoris Krikor, the author of the first leader after Vilnius, wrote: “And now to Pohulianka. This suburb is open and cheerful, only a few very sandy roads, and outside the city it rises higher and higher. On the left side of the street there is an embankment with a convenient pedestrian alley.

   19th century at the end of the 20th century. At the beginning of the 19th century, with the onset of the industrial boom, construction collapsed in the suburbs of Pohulianka.

In this place dwellings were built,  doctors, architects. Later, important institutions and schools began to develop here. 1910-11 Didugosios Poguliankos st. 6 was the editorial office of the newspaper Gazeta 2-Grosze. Later in the same house around 1910-15. Boruch Brudner's photo studio operated.

   1900-01 The palace of Bunimovich of Israel (J. Basanavičiaus St. 5), the owner of the Victorian candy factory, was built by K. Korojedov. Ignatius Paračevskis house (J. Basanavičiaus str. 12), built in 1900-02. according to K. Korojedov's project, the State Audit Office was established; 1903 the Polese Railway Board was built (Mindaugo St. 12 / J. Basanavičiaus St. 14); 1913 - Polish Theater (J. Basanavičiaus St. 13); 1913 Romanov Monumental Church (J. Basanavičiaus 27). At the end of the street stood the former city guard, on the other side of St. Jackus Chapel.

   19th century at the end, most of the quarter, including the estate where the apartments were located, belonged to Giršai Moiš Jakov, a Jew. J. Basanavičiaus 16 g. period of construction of the house: 1860 - 1914, style: Eclecticism. The Vilnius City Board issued a permit for the construction of buildings to the owner in 1897. April 8 It says that we allow HM Jakov to build a three-storey brick house with a balcony on a plot near Pohulianka and Kaukazo streets. Construction started in 1897. August. has been suspended for some time for unclear reasons. This was most likely due to a fire. 1900 November 27 The report of the city architect A. Klein to the Vilnius Land Bank has survived. It says the refurbishment and repair work on the fire-hit building is nearing completion. The building is now safer than the fire, with firewalls and vaulted ceilings in all basements. From the beginning, the house was residential. The apartments were rented to various residents of the city. On the current side of Mindaugo Street was a private eye hospital, which operated until World War I. After the Germans occupied Vilnius, a Lithuanian gymnasium was established in the house for some time. Roman Gary, a lover of French literature, spent his childhood in this house.

   The street remembers famous names: here lived the legendary doctor Cemach Shabad, the philanthropist Joseph Montvila, the director of the Jewish Institute of Jewish Science (IJVO) Max Vainraich. In the city theater in 1917. The Lithuanian Conference elected the Council of Lithuania.

1939 After Lithuania regained its old capital, the street was named after J. Basanavičius.

Apartment interior

  The apartments were established in 2014, before the premises were abandoned. During the Soviet era, the house underwent a major reconstruction of the basement floor.  turning into hiding places: remodeled old ceiling partitions (cast concrete monolith), masonry internal partitions, removed windows to the side of the yard, reinforced the ground with a layer of sand and thick concrete. The inner courtyard was filled with a thick layer of sand and earth (the plinth was buried high underground).

During the repair of the premises, the modern recuperative ventilation system was re-installed, the old sewage and water supply pipes were replaced, the entire electrical installation was renewed, and the doors of the authentic hideout were left in the premises. The apartment is furnished  the designer tried to create a bright and cozy atmosphere.  

bottom of page